Nowadays, if you go to the hair stylist/salon this can mean many things. Maybe you are getting your routine cut and style at the salon or perhaps transitioning a different look for a new season or perhaps changing your overall style. But whatever you decide to do, there’s definitely one thing you need to avoid: A bad hair appointment!
For any salon experience to be a good one, there are always red flags to look out for when it comes to your hairdresser. Here are 5 signs that you should “divorce” your stylist, because you never want to leave the salon looking worse than when you went in or have a “bad hair” day.
1. A trim should mean an actual trim. We’ve lost count of the amount of times we’ve gone into a salon asking for a simple trim, and left with three to four inches of hair missing. This could be due to miscommunication (everyone has a different idea of what “trim” means), or it could be that your hairdresser is simply disregarding what you asked for. Either way, losing more than a few inches of hair can be heartbreaking.
2. “That’s not what I wanted it.” These words should never, ever be uttered during a hair appointment. Whether it’s color or even a cut, you need to be able to trust your hairdresser, or problems will inevitably follow. Hearing this could mean that your stylist is inexperienced, wasn’t paying attention or any number of other things. Even if the hair isn’t coming out how it’s expected to, the hairdresser should never say that to the client in the middle of the appointment.
3. The lines of communication are not open. Following the miscommunication of a trim is the miscommunication of, well, everything. The best stylists (as we always do at CHARM SALON & SPA) sit down with you before they even wash your hair and ask about what you hope to get out of the appointment. They should ask about your style preferences, your daily maintenance, your texture and everything else that can affect your hair. If you don’t have this conversation, there’s a lot of room open for interpretation and miscommunication
4. Socializing takes priority over hair. When you’re getting your hair colored, there tends to be plenty of down time for the colorist. No one expects them to wait on clients hand and foot, but if your hairdresser gets to the point of socializing, and eating where they forget about your hair or reading magazines it’s time to dump them. Leaving hair color on for too long can be damaging, plus it’ll ruin the color you actually wanted to leave with.
5. Blow drying becomes a bad dream. Even if your cut and color went well, you still have to get through the blow dry without any damage. Whether it’s using a heat styling product on way too high of a temperature setting, it’s not putting heat protectant on your hair be sure you’re out of the line of fire when it comes to heat damage after an appointment.
Charm Salon & Spa in Woodbridge, Ontario has over 35 years of Salon and Spa experience. Always know that when YOU come in for your appointment you will have a FREE consultation and get exactly what you want every time!
Thank you for reading and please leave a comment below and be sure to like us on Facebook at http://Facebook.com/CharmSalonSpaInc and bookmark this page for daily and weekly updates and educational info to help you do what’s best for your hair.
And more importantly be sure to ENTER YOUR BEST EMAIL on this page up to the right FOR EXTRA SPECIAL PROMOS AND TO BE PLACED ON the CHARM SALON & SPA VIP LIST so you can get more how to’s and videos to help…DON’T MISS OUT…You’ll be glad you did!
As Always have a CHARMIMG DAY,
Rita and the Charm Salon & Spa Staff
P.S. like us on Facebook today!
See our VIDEO HERE